On December 3, the Archivum Romanum Societatis Iesu hosts an event to consider the importance of the recent restoration of several documents from the founding of the Society of Jesus. The event starts at 2:00 p.m. in Rome, in the Aula of the Jesuit General Curia. Remote attendance will be available as well via https://link.jesuit.media/arsi-zoom (password: 088495).
“Ancient documents … restored to serve the people of today” will feature remarks by Arturo Sosa, the Superior General of the Society of Jesus and others. There will also be a session led by Professor Melania Zanetti regarding on her work in restoring the manuscripts. All remarks will be simultaneously translated into English, Spanish and French. A full list of participants and the announcement from ARSI appear below.
The original manuscripts of the Society’s founding documents (some in St Ignatius’ own hand) — the Spiritual Exercises, the Spiritual Diary of St Ignatius and the Constitutions of the Society of Jesus — have been fully restored. How can this, today, inspire all of us the members of the extended “Ignatian family”? With simultaneous translation into English, Spanish and French.
• Rev. Fr. Arturo Sosa SJ, Superior General of the Society of Jesus
• Guillermo Barandiarán, Gondra Barandiarán Foundation
• Melania Zanetti, restorer
• Brian Mac Cuarta SJ, Academic Director of ARSI
• José García de Castro SJ, specialist in Ignatian spirituality
• Denis Dobbelstein, CLC World President
• Sr Ghislaine Pauquet, Congregation Our Lady of the Cenacle